Luscious Lemon Muffins
A zesty, chewy muffin packed full of flavour and zest, easy to make and easier to enjoy. These cakes are guaranteed to leave a smile on the face of whoever tries them, but are also guaranteed to keep people coming back for more! hewy
Makes: 12 muffins
- 2 tbsp. milled flaxseed (14g)
- 1 tbsp. water
- 180ml Applesauce
- 80ml fresh Lemon juice
- 1 heaped tbsp. Lemon zest
- 60ml melted Coconut Oil
- 60ml unsweetened Almond milk
- 60ml Maple Syrup or Agave nectar
- 80g Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. whole organic chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C degrees (gas mark 5) and line a standard muffin tin with 12 muffin
- Add the milled flaxseed & water to a bowl and stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the applesauce, lemon juice and zest, melted coconut oil, almond milk, the maple syrup or
- the nectar, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt and whisk for roughly 45 seconds.
- Add the flour and stir with a spoon or spatula until just combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- If the batter appears too thick, add a touch more almond milk. It should be quite thick and
- ‘scoopable’ – NOT pourable. Stir in the Chia seeds and whisk once more.
- Divide the batter evenly between muffin tins.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes. You can check for doneness by pushing a toothpick into the muffin. If it
- comes out clean, it is ready.
- Leave the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the pan, remove from tins and leave to cool
- completely on a cooling rack before enjoying.