Pumpkin & Onion Crème Soup
Succulent, creamy, and designed by one of our own here at Nutrenergy. This pumpkin and onion crème soup infuses butternut squash, onions, rosemary and pumpkin seeds to create an easy to make starter or appetiser that is impossible to dislike!
- butternut squash x 2
- medium onions x 3
- ½ block of butter (Marek likes French)
- A sprig of Rosemary
- A handful of Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- salt (to taste)
- 500 - 600ml Water
Makes 4 servings
- Fill a pot or a large sauce pan with the water (using more or less, it depends how thick you want your soup!) and place on a medium heat.
- Slice the squash in half and separate the skin from the flesh. Chop it into small pieces and place in the pot. Add the rosemary leaves.
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat. Leave to bubble away while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the onions and melt the butter in a frying pan over a low heat. Add the onions and increase the heat to medium.
- Gently cook until the onions have softened, but do not let them caramelise.
- Tip contents of the frying pan into the pot and purée with a hand blender. If you don’t have a hand blender, use a food processor and return to the heat afterwards.
- Once puréed, add the salt, using as little or as much as you like and stir.
- Serve in bowls or deep dishes, sprinkling over a generous portion of pumpkin seeds.