Vegan Oatmeal Bread
Here we have a delicious and healthy alternative to a ‘traditional’ loaf of bread which cooperates sunflower, flax, pumpkin and chia seeds all into a nutritive oatmeal loaf. Not only is this recipe healthier, it is also loaded with flavour, and has endless possibilities as to what it can be combined or accompanied with.
- 1 cup Organic Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Organic Flax seeds
- 1/2 cup N Organic pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-free oats
- 2 tablespoons Organic Chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons Psyllium seed husks
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk maple syrup, oil, and water together in another bowl. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix very well, until everything is completely soaked. Wait until all the liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. You should get a very sticky and rough dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Once ready, transfer the dough in a silicon loaf pan. Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Put it away in the refrigerator for an hour. The dough is ready when it retains its shape even when you pull the sides of the loaf pan away from it.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the bread from the loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30 minutes. The bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Store the oat bread wrapped in bread paper or parchment up to five days